CISM: Group and Individual/Peer Support Training (GRIN)
ABOUT THE TRAINING
Presented by ICISF Instructor Tom McSherry, MC
Dates: March 15-17, 2022
Time: 8:00AM-5:00PM Daily
Location: Gilbert Public Safety Training Center
6860 S. Power Rd.
About the Course
This 3-day International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF) course combines ALL of the content of the 2 day CISM: Group Intervention and the 2 day Assisting Individuals in Crisis courses.
You will learn about:
- How the brain functions under stress
- Various types of stress
- Signs and symptoms of distress and dysfunction
- Psychological reactions to crisis
- Principles of crisis intervention
- Resiliency and stress management
- Mechanisms of action and peer support skills
- SAFER protocol for individual crisis intervention
- Small group interventions - Critical Incident Stress Debriefings, Defusings
- Large group interventions – Crisis Management Briefings, R.I.T.S.
- Respite centers and on scene support
- Strategic Planning
- Taking care of the caregiver