- This event has passed.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
AZPOST Approved (13 hours)
*Students will be required to attend both days to receive certificate
CISM Instructor Kelley Meshirer, Southern Arizona Community Liaison – 100 Club of Arizona
Dates: November 28th-29th, 2022
Time: 8:00AM-5:00PM Daily
Location: Coconino Community College
3000 N. Fourth Street
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
About the Course
Students will be able to:
- Understand the need for psychological crisis intervention (PFA).
- Understand and differentiate the key terms and concepts relevant to the study of psychological crisis intervention/ PFA.
- Be able to assess the “psychological toxicity” of a critical incident/ disaster.
- Understand the nature and definition of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) and its role as a continuum of care.
- Understand the risks of iatrogenic “harm” associated with psychological crisis intervention and will further understand how to reduce those risks.
- Review research relevant to the practice of psychological crisis intervention.
- Be better able to recognize common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions.
- List the putative and empirically-derived mechanisms of action in psychological crisis intervention.
- Understand the steps in the SAFER-R model of individual psychological crisis intervention/ PFA.
- Understand how the SAFER-R model may be altered for suicide interventionAssis