- This event has passed.
CISM TRAINING – Assisting Individuals in Crisis
CISM Instructor Kelley Meshirer, Southern Arizona Community Liaison – 100 Club of Arizona
April 20th, 21st & 22nd, 2022
*Bonus Day – April 22nd Time: 8:30AM-12:00PM (Optional half-day of scenario based training)
About the Course
Students will be able to:
- Understand the need for psychological crisis intervention (PFA).
- Understand and differentiate the key terms and concepts relevant to the study of psychological crisis intervention/ PFA.
- Be able to assess the “psychological toxicity” of a critical incident/ disaster.
- Understand the nature and definition of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) and its role as a continuum of care.
- Understand the risks of iatrogenic “harm” associated with psychological crisis intervention and will further understand how to reduce those risks.
- Review research relevant to the practice of psychological crisis intervention.
- Be better able to recognize common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions.
- List the putative and empirically-derived mechanisms of action in psychological crisis intervention.
- Understand the steps in the SAFER-R model of individual psychological crisis intervention/ PFA.
- Understand how the SAFER-R model may be altered for suicide intervention
*BONUS: Friday, April 22 is an optional half-day of scenario based training.
North West Fire District Training Center
5125 W Camino De Fuego
Tucson, AZ 85743