- This event has passed.
Presented by: Tom McSherry, MC
This 3-day International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF) course combines ALL of the content of the 2 day CISM: Group Intervention and the 2 day Assisting Individuals in Crisis courses.
March 15 – 17, 2022
Gilbert Public Safety Training Center
6860 S. Power Rd. Gilbert AZ
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
You will learn about:
- How the brain functions under stress
- Various types of stress
- Signs and symptoms of distress and dysfunction
- Psychological reactions to crisis
- Principles of crisis intervention
- Resiliency and stress management
- Mechanisms of action and peer support skills
- SAFER protocol for individual crisis intervention
- Small group interventions – Critical Incident Stress Debriefings, Defusings
- Large group interventions – Crisis Management Briefings, R.I.T.S.
- Respite centers and on scene support
- Strategic Planning
- Taking care of the caregiver
Cost: Free! Sponsored by 100 Club! -Space is Limited
To register please contact: McKay Lauritzen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Work cell: 480-407-9540